Skip to main content

What did He come to do?

 "He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?" Matthew 16:15, Authorized King James Version [AKJV].

Peter [Matt 16:16], Martha [John 11:27], the Ethiopian Eunuch [Acts 8:37], and Saul [9:20]; but is that for us today? I think not.

In those passages, there wasn't mention of His death, burial, and resurrection as there now is for us [humanity] today. We are instructed now to believe?  But to believe what then, do you have a scripture passage for that?  Yes, yes I do.

"Moreover brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he arose again the third day according to the scripture."      1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

I say in accordance with scripture that "Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, who came to die for my sin, that he was buried and arose again the third day.  By believing I am also saying that when He died I died with Him [Galatians 2:20-21]. That when he was buried I was buried [Romans 6:4 and Colossians 2:12] with Him.  The reference to "in baptism" is not water baptism but spiritual [1 Corinthians 12:13]. When He arose I to am risen with Him, [Colossians 2:12 and 3:1].  I am now also seated with Christ Jesus [Ephesians 2:6] and am "blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:" Ephesians 1:3

I beseech you to believe the gospel and be made "made a new creature" [2 Corinthians 5:17]; not "born again"[John 3:3-8] as was for the Jews before the gospel of Paul was given [Galatians 1:6-10].  God doesn't change but the way He deals with and has dealt with man has.  Man needs to be in step with God's plan for salvation for the time in which we now live and believe Paul's gospel [Galatians 1:11-12}.  I can now not only "have peace with God" [Romans 5:1] but also "the peace of God" [Philippians 4:6-7] which is through Christ Jesus.  

One now may ask how does one attain this peace?  The answer is by "BELIEVING" the gospel.  Once believed discover in God's Word the blessings, rewards, benefits of being in Christ. I do advise you to come to belief in God not for the perks of escaping hell but for life, eternal life, His life.  To me, the best part of eternal life is to be where God is forever, having His life. To experience that glorified body that has never nor never will see sin nor death.  True death is eternal separation from God; [see 2 Thessalonians 1:9 "from the presence of the Lord". God is omnipresent, everywhere all the time, but not in eternity.  See "What Saith the Scripture" published 2019 by Christian Faith Publications in paperback and digital.  Chapter 21 "Why the Lake of Fire" explains with scriptures why I believe that that is true. I can send a free digital copy via email attachment if desired.  Make a request through the comment option on this blog.     

Note: Last week's blog was given to why the Authorized King James Bible.  It may be profitable to read that also if you have yet to read.       

      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Was he saved? How?

  “The heart  is  deceitful above all  things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?”J eremiah 17:9   “ He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.” Psalm 24:4   All scripture references are taken from the Authorized (King James) Versions unless other wise noted. There was a man who once lived alone, he was what is often called a hermit a vagabond.   He had never been told of God, Jesus or the gospel as given from the Bible. He knew in his heart, that there was something, something outside himself, something was needed to make himself complete.   Several years previously while scrounging and looking for anything useful he discovered a Bible.   He put it away, safely where he lived and forgot about it.   Some years later there was a harsh winter storm, frozen deep snow had completely shut him in.   Although secure in his abode and safe from the destructive winter he would survive.   He had no electricit

Concluding then?

 I  have been doing these on this platform for now on 4 years.  Before I used other platforms since 2010 or thereabouts.  I have never had one question and only one comment in all those years.  I did have one correction when one reader observed that I had referenced 1 Corinthians when actually I should have used 2 Corinthians, that was about six or seven years ago.    I now place my thoughts and understandings on Facebook  In His service;   James Brown    

Anything else is ?????

 "And if Christ be not raised, your faith is  vain; ye are yet in your sins"  1 Corinthians 15:17 "Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification."  Romans 4:25 Salvation is believing the whole package; His death, His burial, and His resurrection.