Skip to main content

Then, now and until

"I have glorified thee on earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do."  John 17:4  Authorized King James Version [AKJV].

"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said,  It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.  John 19:30 [AKJV].

Note: all passages reference are from the Authorized King James Version

In John 17:4 it is written that "I have finished the work" but the crucifixion wasn't completed until John 19:30.  To me, God, the Lord Jesus Christ shows His omniscience.  He, Jesus being the incarnation of the only true God knows the future from the past as He lives in our now.  All I have is the memory of the past, the trials of the present, and the hope of the future.  So then, when I read passages as Ephesians 1:3 although I'm in the present, after believing the gospel 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, God now sees me in my future, in Him.  "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" Hebrews 11:1.  God is as I was in my past, God is as I am now,  God is as I will be in my future, in Him.  That understanding I believe can also be seen in Exodus 3:14 and again in John 8:58.

So in the now I do with conviction say as Paul did; "For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." 2 Timothy 1:12b.

The gospel that is for this dispensation of the grace of God is "Moreover brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;  By which also ye are saved, unless ye have believed in vain.  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scripture."  1 Corinthians 15:1-4.          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Was he saved? How?

  “The heart  is  deceitful above all  things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?”J eremiah 17:9   “ He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.” Psalm 24:4   All scripture references are taken from the Authorized (King James) Versions unless other wise noted. There was a man who once lived alone, he was what is often called a hermit a vagabond.   He had never been told of God, Jesus or the gospel as given from the Bible. He knew in his heart, that there was something, something outside himself, something was needed to make himself complete.   Several years previously while scrounging and looking for anything useful he discovered a Bible.   He put it away, safely where he lived and forgot about it.   Some years later there was a harsh winter storm, frozen deep snow had completely shut him in.   Although secure in his abode and safe from the destructive winter he would survive.   He had no electricit

Concluding then?

 I  have been doing these on this platform for now on 4 years.  Before I used other platforms since 2010 or thereabouts.  I have never had one question and only one comment in all those years.  I did have one correction when one reader observed that I had referenced 1 Corinthians when actually I should have used 2 Corinthians, that was about six or seven years ago.    I now place my thoughts and understandings on Facebook  In His service;   James Brown    

Anything else is ?????

 "And if Christ be not raised, your faith is  vain; ye are yet in your sins"  1 Corinthians 15:17 "Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification."  Romans 4:25 Salvation is believing the whole package; His death, His burial, and His resurrection.