Skip to main content

Zeal of God isn't ???

 


Romans 10:2   Authorized (King James) Version

“For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.”


Last Friday while out with Fermina, my wife of 48 years, I had the good fortune to met two different groups of people.  One a man and his wife [I presume]  then a threesome. The first man was rearing a face mask reading “Jesus loves you”.  So I asked him what that meant to him.  He hemmed and hawed around about, but never answered.  His significant other who exited had now returned and he spoke to her, which I couldn’t hear.  She immediately took the forefront of the interaction I was trying to have with him.  I ask him “How do you know you’re saved and will go to heaven when you die.  She intervened and quoted John 3:16.  I tried to explain that Paul’s gospel [I gave the reference, First Corinthians 15:1-4] is for us today but she have nothing to do with it.  Two points to consider at least for me.  She was in charge and she knew it.  He I believe was placating to her desires and to appease her did and wore what ever she deemed right.  The verse that came to mind was 

1 Timothy 2:12, he had relinquished his position as ordained by God.  Weather he is or not in Christ is between him and God.  Her on the other hand by his submission was a determent to her faith in that he was negligent in his duties as a man and husband [if that was the case].


The second group was comprised of three individuals, the one man had a T-shirt on which read “Not to day Satan”.  I asked that that meant and what it was all about.  He had to stop and try to read what in fact it said.  That told me he had no clue in what he was wearing and surely hadn’t a clue of what he was professing.  The meet was short for our table was called and we went with the greeter.  As leaving though the one woman made a insightful comment;  “Saved by the bell.”  That as if to say, now we and him also will not be made ashamed by the question being asked.  


1 Peter 3:15

but sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

2 Timothy 4:2

preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.


Galatians 6:10

As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

2 Timothy 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.


These are the scriptures that had come to mind in the discourse of the afternoon.  If Christians are weak in there understandings of the gospel and doctrine they proclaim will they be an effective witnesses and ambassadors [2 Cor 5:17-21] for Christ and be able to do the work of the ministry? [Ephesians 4:11-16].  The blame for this ignorance lies with both pastors and teachers [1 Corinthians 4:15].  But not they only we too as being the body of Christ are directed to be able to say with conviction; “For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed; [Romans 1:16] for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.”  Suffer what things?  Not ashamed by what?  Knowing what you believe and why then not be ashamed to speak the truth as Christ’s ambassador.  Are you made sure, how do you know?  What is that you have committed? Book, chapter and verse please.  Against what day?  Can you answer those questions?  If yes praise be to God who has revealed Himself to you through His Word [Matthew 16:16 & 17.  If not so, why not and what needs to be done to make the correction?  Take heed for you will give an account, see 2 Corinthians 5:10; if in Christ.



___________________________________________________________________________



SOTW 10-09-20   2 Corinthians 2:17  as per building on the foundation that Paul had laid as in 1 Corinthians 3:9-11  expound verses and show how Paul built through the WORD and we also by using and knowing scripture to build to see why we are God has said that we are.  To see the power or of His word in us the hope of glory.  See Philippians 3:9-10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Was he saved? How?

  “The heart  is  deceitful above all  things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?”J eremiah 17:9   “ He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.” Psalm 24:4   All scripture references are taken from the Authorized (King James) Versions unless other wise noted. There was a man who once lived alone, he was what is often called a hermit a vagabond.   He had never been told of God, Jesus or the gospel as given from the Bible. He knew in his heart, that there was something, something outside himself, something was needed to make himself complete.   Several years previously while scrounging and looking for anything useful he discovered a Bible.   He put it away, safely where he lived and forgot about it.   Some years later there was a harsh winter storm, frozen deep snow had completely shut him in.   Although secure in his abode and safe from the destructive winter he would survive.   He had no electricit

Concluding then?

 I  have been doing these on this platform for now on 4 years.  Before I used other platforms since 2010 or thereabouts.  I have never had one question and only one comment in all those years.  I did have one correction when one reader observed that I had referenced 1 Corinthians when actually I should have used 2 Corinthians, that was about six or seven years ago.    I now place my thoughts and understandings on Facebook  In His service;   James Brown    

Why the "authorized" KJV?

"Wherefore art thou  red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat."  Isaiah 63:2 [in context read 63:1-6]  " A certain man planted a vineyard, and set a hedge about it , and digged a place for the winefat,"  Mark 12:1b and c.   While listening to a recent TV minister I observed what I thought at the time a miss-spelling in the text of the Bible I currently use, in which I have found several.  It's a King James Version "Authorized", and have often wondered what's the difference between the given as "authorized" and the other not.   After some research and consideration, I saw this.  Thinking it was a textural error I checked several other KJV authorized and non-authorized finding they all used the word winevat.  But the authorized used both "vat" and "fat".  So why the disparity in the spelling and only used in those two places in scripture? To me, it was getting interesting.  I have lear