Skip to main content

How I died



"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.  Read the context though:  Romans 3:21-31; to get the full impact of God's Word to us as given by Paul.

I sinned by association "For as in Adam all die", I sinned being in Adam.  I'm not a sinner because I sin [my actions] I sin because I am [was] a sinner, being in Adam.  

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."  John 10:10.  

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners;"  1 Timothy 1:15.  

The LORD Jesus Christ came to save sinners by giving them life, His life {salvation, being saved from something to something i.e.. death to life}.  He did this by dying, being buried and rising again the third day, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.   "And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission."  Hebrews 9:27.

So then why blood?  "For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul." Leviticus 17:11.

Then if blood, would any blood do?  No, remember "In Adam all die".  Mans blood was defiled by sin, and if man was to be redeemed blood had to be shed.  God required an pure outside source of blood not defiled by sin.  God then took on flesh to provide the sacrifice for mans sin:  "And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God." 12 Corinthians 5:18-20. 

"But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law," Galatians 4:4.  We then are saved, given life by God through Christ "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus." Romans 3:25-26.  What is to believed in Jesus?  "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;  By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;  And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures"  1 Corinthians 15:1-4

If all one believes is that Christ died for one's sins, isn't that enough?  "And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins."  1 Corinthians 15:17.  You judge, is believing that Christ died for your sin sufficient for salvation or does His death also require His resurrection to be complete.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Was he saved? How?

  “The heart  is  deceitful above all  things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?”J eremiah 17:9   “ He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.” Psalm 24:4   All scripture references are taken from the Authorized (King James) Versions unless other wise noted. There was a man who once lived alone, he was what is often called a hermit a vagabond.   He had never been told of God, Jesus or the gospel as given from the Bible. He knew in his heart, that there was something, something outside himself, something was needed to make himself complete.   Several years previously while scrounging and looking for anything useful he discovered a Bible.   He put it away, safely where he lived and forgot about it.   Some years later there was a harsh winter storm, frozen deep snow had completely shut him in.   Although secure in his abode and safe from the destructive winter he would survive.   He had no electricit

Concluding then?

 I  have been doing these on this platform for now on 4 years.  Before I used other platforms since 2010 or thereabouts.  I have never had one question and only one comment in all those years.  I did have one correction when one reader observed that I had referenced 1 Corinthians when actually I should have used 2 Corinthians, that was about six or seven years ago.    I now place my thoughts and understandings on Facebook  In His service;   James Brown    

Why the "authorized" KJV?

"Wherefore art thou  red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat."  Isaiah 63:2 [in context read 63:1-6]  " A certain man planted a vineyard, and set a hedge about it , and digged a place for the winefat,"  Mark 12:1b and c.   While listening to a recent TV minister I observed what I thought at the time a miss-spelling in the text of the Bible I currently use, in which I have found several.  It's a King James Version "Authorized", and have often wondered what's the difference between the given as "authorized" and the other not.   After some research and consideration, I saw this.  Thinking it was a textural error I checked several other KJV authorized and non-authorized finding they all used the word winevat.  But the authorized used both "vat" and "fat".  So why the disparity in the spelling and only used in those two places in scripture? To me, it was getting interesting.  I have lear