Skip to main content

Do you know what you believe and why?



Romans 1:16 [AKJV]:  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

Why do I, why did you believe?  I know one can believe in vain; "unless ye have believed in vain."  1 Cor 15:2c.  So again why did you believe?  Was it from an emotional experience?  Was it a feeling of guilt?  Looking for a reprieve?  Was it to be socially accepted?  Was it through condemnation of your actions taken in time?  Why did you believe?

More to the point then what did you believe?  Was it to be being baptized?  Was it joining a fellowship?  Maybe circumcision?  By giving earthly goods?  On and on it goes, but what did you believe. 

Then was that believing, being sincere in what you believed?  Can it, your believing be in vain?  How will one know it was in vain?  What is one's foundation of belief?  

Now, even more, confusing questions.  How did you come to believe what you say you believe?  What was/is the basis for this belief?  Paul wrote:  "For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."  2 Timothy 1:12.   Can you with sincerity say that?  What did Paul request when in confinement nearing the end of his life?  "The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments."  2 Tim 4:13.  What are parchments?  We call it scripture, that word used only once in all scripture.  "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." 2 Tim 3:16-17.  

God has given us all we need to be able to come "to the knowledge of the truth." 1 and 2 Tim 2:4 & 3:7 respectfully.  

So then would it not be more profitable to gain this knowledge from the God-given truth, from the most trustworthy scriptures that are available to us today?  Then with the truth in hand and then when believed, the truth internalized by faith "To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Col 1:27.  

My words are so shallow in light of Him and His Word.  But we should apply ourselves totally; "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."  2 Timothy 2:15.

I have this promise being in Him: "Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you."  Phil 3:15.  I am greatly blessed that He knows my heart and who I am in Him and doesn't judge me by my fleshly thoughts that no one knows [but Him], think that through.  

       
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping it secret, why?

1 Corinthians 4:15 [AKJV]:   " For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet  have ye  not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel." What in the world does that mean, many instructors and few fathers?   What was the Holy Spirit through Paul telling us?   Later in this same letter, Paul would write:   "If any man think himself to be a prophet, or  spiritual , let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."   1 Corinthians 14:37.   That the things that Paul would write were commandments of the Lord, that they were of and from the now risen Christ.   Elsewhere concerning the giving of the gospel wrote:   "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.   For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught  it , but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."   Galatians 1:11-1...

Sin; what sin?

Romans 6:14a [Authorized King James Version]:   "For sin shall not have dominion over you:"   So then if sin "shall not" it has to be a conscious decision to do or not to do.   The more knowledge one has of God's Word the less apt one is to sin, exercise unbelief: " And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:   Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;   Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." John 16:8-11.   Verse 9 states that the sin, the worlds sin [from verse 8] is unbelief in Him and of His death, burial and resurrection (DBR) for the payment of ones sin.   That is the gospel that is presented for salvation now!   " If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:" Ephesians 3:2.   "But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye...

Todays gospel that saves

Psalms 119:105 (KJV):   “Thy word  is  a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” What I would direct your attention too is “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,”   Most people I speak within the recent past concerning the King James Version (KJV). are anti-KJV.   Reasons given for disliking the KJV are varied but most comments pertain to being hard to understand due to antiquated language.   Also, questionable resources used to translate and wording which lacks flow as is common in today's language.   In that same way, I find few who still use the KJV are of such a mind to those opponents of the KJV.   I personally haven’t any issue with those who refuse to consider the KJV, but do ask them to give credible reasons for denying the legitimacy of KJV; when pressured haven’t heard a reasonable excuse as not to even try the KJV but will go on the defensive and most often become agitated at the questions. When one ...