Skip to main content

Do what for salvation?




Acts 16:29-31 (KJV):   “Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, and brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.”

Question of the ages to man, but now to us, today:  “if ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:”  Ephesians 3:2. 

What won’t get one saved today? 

            1.  Giving your heart and life to Jesus  
            2.  Turning from your sin and receiving Christ
            3.  Making Jesus the Lord of your life 
            4.  Having faith and keeping the sacraments (laws)
            5.  Speaking in tongues, baptism in Jesus’s name with signs following 
                 giving evidence of salvation  (Mark 16:15-18)
            6.  Keep Jesus’s sayings and the commandments (Matthew 19:16-17

What will save one today?   “BELIEVING”  

             1.  Believing “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God”
                  Romans 3:23
             2.  Believing  “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I       
                  preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye 
                  stand; by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I
                  preached unto you, unless you have believed in vain.  For I delivered  
                  unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died  
                  for our sins according to the scriptures; and that He was buried, and 
                  that He arose again the third day according to the scripture.”
                  1 Corinthians 15:1-4

What happens to one when believing?

                       For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we
                  be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all 
                  made to drink into one Spirit.” 1 Corinthians 12:13

                  “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things 
                  are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
                  2 Corinthians 5:17

                 “Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by
                  the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to          
                  him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit 
                  unto God.” Romans 7:4 

                  “For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are
                  not under the law, but under grace.   What then? shall we sin, 
                  because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.”
                  Romans 6:14-15

                  “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath
                  blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:”
                  Ephesians 1:3
                  
                  “Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as 
                  Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even
                  so we also should walk in newness of life.”  Romans 6:4

                       I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ
                   liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the
                   faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I
                   do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the 
                   law, then Christ is dead in vain.”  Galatians 2:20-21

                   Many more promises and scriptures in Paul’s epistles telling and  
                   explaining who we are that believe in Christ and Christ alone, His
                   finished work on our behalf.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Was he saved? How?

  “The heart  is  deceitful above all  things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?”J eremiah 17:9   “ He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.” Psalm 24:4   All scripture references are taken from the Authorized (King James) Versions unless other wise noted. There was a man who once lived alone, he was what is often called a hermit a vagabond.   He had never been told of God, Jesus or the gospel as given from the Bible. He knew in his heart, that there was something, something outside himself, something was needed to make himself complete.   Several years previously while scrounging and looking for anything useful he discovered a Bible.   He put it away, safely where he lived and forgot about it.   Some years later there was a harsh winter storm, frozen deep snow had completely shut him in.   Although secure in his abode and safe from the destructive winter he would survive.   He had no electricit

Concluding then?

 I  have been doing these on this platform for now on 4 years.  Before I used other platforms since 2010 or thereabouts.  I have never had one question and only one comment in all those years.  I did have one correction when one reader observed that I had referenced 1 Corinthians when actually I should have used 2 Corinthians, that was about six or seven years ago.    I now place my thoughts and understandings on Facebook  In His service;   James Brown    

Why the "authorized" KJV?

"Wherefore art thou  red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat."  Isaiah 63:2 [in context read 63:1-6]  " A certain man planted a vineyard, and set a hedge about it , and digged a place for the winefat,"  Mark 12:1b and c.   While listening to a recent TV minister I observed what I thought at the time a miss-spelling in the text of the Bible I currently use, in which I have found several.  It's a King James Version "Authorized", and have often wondered what's the difference between the given as "authorized" and the other not.   After some research and consideration, I saw this.  Thinking it was a textural error I checked several other KJV authorized and non-authorized finding they all used the word winevat.  But the authorized used both "vat" and "fat".  So why the disparity in the spelling and only used in those two places in scripture? To me, it was getting interesting.  I have lear