Skip to main content

It's a big responsibility

 


1 Thessalonians 1:4 [Authorized King James Version]  “But as we were allowed by God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.”  

All passages are taken from the Authorized King James Version unless otherwise noted.

“But as we were allowed by God”  Who were/are the “we”?  “Allowed by God” to do what and how?  “God is all wise, in grace wisdom, love and faithfulness can either hide from {Luke 18:34] or be seen of those who by faith believing {Habakkuk 2:4; Romans 1:17; Galatians 3:11 and Hebrews 10:38}.  “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.” Hebrews 11:6.  So how does that saving faith come?  “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”  Romans  10:17. 

“to be put in trust with the gospel”  God knows the beginning from the end, one will never get over on God.  “hearing by the word of God.”  “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God”. John 1:1.  Paul who is our apostle {Romans 11:13} wrote “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.”  2 Timothy 3:16-17.  Then what is that gospel for us today that we are to speak?  “Moreover brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received and wherein ye stand;  By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scripture;” 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. 

We are God’s ambassadors {2 Corinthians 5:20}, to profess that which we have believed of God to the world as we have opportunity {Galatians 6:10}.  Can you without reservation say “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth”  Romans 1:16a.   “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.  2 Timothy 2:15.  In Paul’s gospel, he states that  “unless ye have believed in vain” what is believed in vain.  Again Paul wrote, “For I have determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.”  1 Corinthians 2:2.  Study those thoughts out and determine by God’s “Word” what is meant and how you stand in the doctrine of Paul our Apostle.  Feel free to comment and ask questions.      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Todays gospel that saves

Psalms 119:105 (KJV):   “Thy word  is  a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” What I would direct your attention too is “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,”   Most people I speak within the recent past concerning the King James Version (KJV). are anti-KJV.   Reasons given for disliking the KJV are varied but most comments pertain to being hard to understand due to antiquated language.   Also, questionable resources used to translate and wording which lacks flow as is common in today's language.   In that same way, I find few who still use the KJV are of such a mind to those opponents of the KJV.   I personally haven’t any issue with those who refuse to consider the KJV, but do ask them to give credible reasons for denying the legitimacy of KJV; when pressured haven’t heard a reasonable excuse as not to even try the KJV but will go on the defensive and most often become agitated at the questions. When one ...

Which Body?

  2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things  done  in  his  body, according to that he hath done, whether  it be  good or bad. Ephesians 4:4 There is  one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; The word “body” has many definitions.   In 2 Corinthians 5:10, Strong’s #4983 defines body as “used in a very wide application”. First look at 2 Corinthians 5:10, and remove the italics.   Italics are not scripture but an addition made by the King James translators to make the flow of or the reading of easier.   So, without the italics;   “ For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things in body, according to that he hath done, whether good or bad.   My question was how do I define this word “body”.   Is it the physical body or as per Ephesians 4:4a; “...

Keeping it secret, why?

1 Corinthians 4:15 [AKJV]:   " For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet  have ye  not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel." What in the world does that mean, many instructors and few fathers?   What was the Holy Spirit through Paul telling us?   Later in this same letter, Paul would write:   "If any man think himself to be a prophet, or  spiritual , let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."   1 Corinthians 14:37.   That the things that Paul would write were commandments of the Lord, that they were of and from the now risen Christ.   Elsewhere concerning the giving of the gospel wrote:   "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.   For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught  it , but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."   Galatians 1:11-1...