Skip to main content

What did He come to do?

 "He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?" Matthew 16:15, Authorized King James Version [AKJV].

Peter [Matt 16:16], Martha [John 11:27], the Ethiopian Eunuch [Acts 8:37], and Saul [9:20]; but is that for us today? I think not.

In those passages, there wasn't mention of His death, burial, and resurrection as there now is for us [humanity] today. We are instructed now to believe?  But to believe what then, do you have a scripture passage for that?  Yes, yes I do.

"Moreover brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he arose again the third day according to the scripture."      1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

I say in accordance with scripture that "Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, who came to die for my sin, that he was buried and arose again the third day.  By believing I am also saying that when He died I died with Him [Galatians 2:20-21]. That when he was buried I was buried [Romans 6:4 and Colossians 2:12] with Him.  The reference to "in baptism" is not water baptism but spiritual [1 Corinthians 12:13]. When He arose I to am risen with Him, [Colossians 2:12 and 3:1].  I am now also seated with Christ Jesus [Ephesians 2:6] and am "blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:" Ephesians 1:3

I beseech you to believe the gospel and be made "made a new creature" [2 Corinthians 5:17]; not "born again"[John 3:3-8] as was for the Jews before the gospel of Paul was given [Galatians 1:6-10].  God doesn't change but the way He deals with and has dealt with man has.  Man needs to be in step with God's plan for salvation for the time in which we now live and believe Paul's gospel [Galatians 1:11-12}.  I can now not only "have peace with God" [Romans 5:1] but also "the peace of God" [Philippians 4:6-7] which is through Christ Jesus.  

One now may ask how does one attain this peace?  The answer is by "BELIEVING" the gospel.  Once believed discover in God's Word the blessings, rewards, benefits of being in Christ. I do advise you to come to belief in God not for the perks of escaping hell but for life, eternal life, His life.  To me, the best part of eternal life is to be where God is forever, having His life. To experience that glorified body that has never nor never will see sin nor death.  True death is eternal separation from God; [see 2 Thessalonians 1:9 "from the presence of the Lord". God is omnipresent, everywhere all the time, but not in eternity.  See "What Saith the Scripture" published 2019 by Christian Faith Publications in paperback and digital.  Chapter 21 "Why the Lake of Fire" explains with scriptures why I believe that that is true. I can send a free digital copy via email attachment if desired.  Make a request through the comment option on this blog.     

Note: Last week's blog was given to why the Authorized King James Bible.  It may be profitable to read that also if you have yet to read.       

      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping it secret, why?

1 Corinthians 4:15 [AKJV]:   " For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet  have ye  not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel." What in the world does that mean, many instructors and few fathers?   What was the Holy Spirit through Paul telling us?   Later in this same letter, Paul would write:   "If any man think himself to be a prophet, or  spiritual , let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."   1 Corinthians 14:37.   That the things that Paul would write were commandments of the Lord, that they were of and from the now risen Christ.   Elsewhere concerning the giving of the gospel wrote:   "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.   For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught  it , but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."   Galatians 1:11-1...

Todays gospel that saves

Psalms 119:105 (KJV):   “Thy word  is  a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” What I would direct your attention too is “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,”   Most people I speak within the recent past concerning the King James Version (KJV). are anti-KJV.   Reasons given for disliking the KJV are varied but most comments pertain to being hard to understand due to antiquated language.   Also, questionable resources used to translate and wording which lacks flow as is common in today's language.   In that same way, I find few who still use the KJV are of such a mind to those opponents of the KJV.   I personally haven’t any issue with those who refuse to consider the KJV, but do ask them to give credible reasons for denying the legitimacy of KJV; when pressured haven’t heard a reasonable excuse as not to even try the KJV but will go on the defensive and most often become agitated at the questions. When one ...

Sin; what sin?

Romans 6:14a [Authorized King James Version]:   "For sin shall not have dominion over you:"   So then if sin "shall not" it has to be a conscious decision to do or not to do.   The more knowledge one has of God's Word the less apt one is to sin, exercise unbelief: " And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:   Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;   Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." John 16:8-11.   Verse 9 states that the sin, the worlds sin [from verse 8] is unbelief in Him and of His death, burial and resurrection (DBR) for the payment of ones sin.   That is the gospel that is presented for salvation now!   " If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:" Ephesians 3:2.   "But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye...