Skip to main content

Then, now and until

"I have glorified thee on earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do."  John 17:4  Authorized King James Version [AKJV].

"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said,  It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.  John 19:30 [AKJV].

Note: all passages reference are from the Authorized King James Version

In John 17:4 it is written that "I have finished the work" but the crucifixion wasn't completed until John 19:30.  To me, God, the Lord Jesus Christ shows His omniscience.  He, Jesus being the incarnation of the only true God knows the future from the past as He lives in our now.  All I have is the memory of the past, the trials of the present, and the hope of the future.  So then, when I read passages as Ephesians 1:3 although I'm in the present, after believing the gospel 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, God now sees me in my future, in Him.  "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" Hebrews 11:1.  God is as I was in my past, God is as I am now,  God is as I will be in my future, in Him.  That understanding I believe can also be seen in Exodus 3:14 and again in John 8:58.

So in the now I do with conviction say as Paul did; "For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." 2 Timothy 1:12b.

The gospel that is for this dispensation of the grace of God is "Moreover brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;  By which also ye are saved, unless ye have believed in vain.  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scripture."  1 Corinthians 15:1-4.          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping it secret, why?

1 Corinthians 4:15 [AKJV]:   " For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet  have ye  not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel." What in the world does that mean, many instructors and few fathers?   What was the Holy Spirit through Paul telling us?   Later in this same letter, Paul would write:   "If any man think himself to be a prophet, or  spiritual , let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."   1 Corinthians 14:37.   That the things that Paul would write were commandments of the Lord, that they were of and from the now risen Christ.   Elsewhere concerning the giving of the gospel wrote:   "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.   For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught  it , but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."   Galatians 1:11-1...

Todays gospel that saves

Psalms 119:105 (KJV):   “Thy word  is  a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” What I would direct your attention too is “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,”   Most people I speak within the recent past concerning the King James Version (KJV). are anti-KJV.   Reasons given for disliking the KJV are varied but most comments pertain to being hard to understand due to antiquated language.   Also, questionable resources used to translate and wording which lacks flow as is common in today's language.   In that same way, I find few who still use the KJV are of such a mind to those opponents of the KJV.   I personally haven’t any issue with those who refuse to consider the KJV, but do ask them to give credible reasons for denying the legitimacy of KJV; when pressured haven’t heard a reasonable excuse as not to even try the KJV but will go on the defensive and most often become agitated at the questions. When one ...

Sin; what sin?

Romans 6:14a [Authorized King James Version]:   "For sin shall not have dominion over you:"   So then if sin "shall not" it has to be a conscious decision to do or not to do.   The more knowledge one has of God's Word the less apt one is to sin, exercise unbelief: " And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:   Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;   Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." John 16:8-11.   Verse 9 states that the sin, the worlds sin [from verse 8] is unbelief in Him and of His death, burial and resurrection (DBR) for the payment of ones sin.   That is the gospel that is presented for salvation now!   " If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:" Ephesians 3:2.   "But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye...