Skip to main content

When God died?

 


Matthew 27:45-46 Authorized King James Version [AKJV]:  “Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.  And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?”.  Comparative scriptures from the gospels: Mark 15:41-32; Luke 23:26-49 and John 19:17-27

Sidebar: Different writers of the gospels [so called not as we have now in this the dispensation of the grace of God Ephesians 3:1-7] wrote from different perspectives as the Holy Spirit directed [2 Timothy 3:16-17].   

Sidebar:  Could the Centurion of Matt 27:54, Mark 15:39 and Luke 23:47 be the same as recorded in Acts 10 by Peter?  It is most possible.  

Sidebar:  The darkness as I understand it is the absence of Gods presence as seen in 2nd Thessalonians 1:8-10. Also concerning g darkness see Exodus 10:21-29, Matthew 6:23 concerning both physical and spiritual darkness as in John 3:19-21.    

Jewish time; 6PM to 6AM [12 hours night].  6AM to 6PM [12 hours day]; Jesus was three hours on the cross separated from God his Father receiving God’s wrath for all the sin of the world [John 1:29].  Note, in Mark 15:25 it is noted as the third hour, most likely 9AM was when the crucifixion started and at the 6th hour 12 noon Gods Spirit left Jesus alone until the ninth hour.  Definition of “forsaken”.  To renounce, or to turn away from  entirely {Websters Collegiate, 11th Edition © 2014].  Forsaken:  {1}To give up [something formerly held dear] renounce; {2} To leave altogether, abandon. {thefreedictionary.com}.  Then see the Thesaurus for the word “forsaken”. 

\To me I understand that God departed His Christ [see Genesis 22:8] i.e. Jesus of Nazareth.  2 Corinthians 5:19 “To wit, that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation;”  Continuing then; God departed/separated from Christ for those three hours on the cross while Jesus in his now humanity bore the sin of the whole world in his now spiritually dead body.  I would have one to inquire at “Can God be in the presence of Sin?  #3 Post of 2010” via your browser on the internet.    

As not to compel ones beliefs I would have one to read the following scriptures so as to come their own decision.   

“For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:”  Romans 8:3

“For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.”  Hebrews 4:15

“Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man”  James 1:13

 “For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: by which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;” 1 Peter 3:18-19

“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”  2 Corintrhians 5:21

All of Psalms 31

Sidebar:  God then removing Himself from Christ, how did Jesus know when to say “it is finished”?  I believe that the Holy Spirit told Christ when the wrath of God was satisfied and then said “And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.” Luke 23:46. Supporting passages that will also help are: “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” John 6:63

“Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.” John 8:28

Rightly dividing scripture correctly is vital in all Bible studies, but especially concerning this question.  It’s on you to pray, read, meditate and discern God’s truth.  Paul prayed for believers in Ephesians 1:15-23.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Todays gospel that saves

Psalms 119:105 (KJV):   “Thy word  is  a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” What I would direct your attention too is “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,”   Most people I speak within the recent past concerning the King James Version (KJV). are anti-KJV.   Reasons given for disliking the KJV are varied but most comments pertain to being hard to understand due to antiquated language.   Also, questionable resources used to translate and wording which lacks flow as is common in today's language.   In that same way, I find few who still use the KJV are of such a mind to those opponents of the KJV.   I personally haven’t any issue with those who refuse to consider the KJV, but do ask them to give credible reasons for denying the legitimacy of KJV; when pressured haven’t heard a reasonable excuse as not to even try the KJV but will go on the defensive and most often become agitated at the questions. When one ...

Sin; what sin?

Romans 6:14a [Authorized King James Version]:   "For sin shall not have dominion over you:"   So then if sin "shall not" it has to be a conscious decision to do or not to do.   The more knowledge one has of God's Word the less apt one is to sin, exercise unbelief: " And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:   Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;   Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." John 16:8-11.   Verse 9 states that the sin, the worlds sin [from verse 8] is unbelief in Him and of His death, burial and resurrection (DBR) for the payment of ones sin.   That is the gospel that is presented for salvation now!   " If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:" Ephesians 3:2.   "But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye...

Keeping it secret, why?

1 Corinthians 4:15 [AKJV]:   " For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet  have ye  not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel." What in the world does that mean, many instructors and few fathers?   What was the Holy Spirit through Paul telling us?   Later in this same letter, Paul would write:   "If any man think himself to be a prophet, or  spiritual , let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."   1 Corinthians 14:37.   That the things that Paul would write were commandments of the Lord, that they were of and from the now risen Christ.   Elsewhere concerning the giving of the gospel wrote:   "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.   For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught  it , but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."   Galatians 1:11-1...