Skip to main content

Death really, how so?

 Romans 6:23   "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Paul writes of death 20 times in Romans alone and all in the first eight chapters:  Chapter 1:32; 5:10, 12, 14, 17, 21; 6:3, 4, 5, 9, 16, 21, 23;  7:5, 10, 13, 24; 8:2, 6 and 38.  When using the word death,  is he writing of physical or spiritual death or both at the same time?  If both at the same time would that not mean that both have the same definition?  That would be to say then that when one dies physically he also dies spiritually?  We should know that that can't be true because of Genesis 3:17.  Adam didn't die physically when he sinned but lived some 930 years more Genesis 5:5  So I ascertain that it was an immediate spiritual death and the physical came sometime later.  Also to consider, there is a second death [Revelation 20:14].  To have a second death it stands to reason that there is a first death, that is what Genesis 3:17 is referring to.   So then by that, I determine that physical and spiritual death in scripture are in fact different.  That then being true I must "rightly divide" [2 Timothy 2:14-26] to apply to which is what in the context given concerning death and life.

Sidebar: Albert Einstien said this: "Education is not the teaching of facts but teaching one to think."  [1 Corinthians 2:16; Romans 12:2; 2 Timothy 1:7]

Romans was revealed by the Holy Spirit to Paul [Galatians 1:11-12] to show the church [His body] what, how, when death entered, its impact upon humanity, to understand the difference and what God through Christ Jesus [2 Corinthians 5:19] had done about it.  Please, don't flippantly read those verses in Romans as you would the sports section in your paper, but read it as it's given the inspired Word [John 1:1-18] of God [2 Timothy 3:16-17].

Sidebar: When one reads scripture there should be a conscious recall of other scriptures that also add credence to the verse you are reading [Isaiah 28:7-13]  To me, this is the Holy Spirit agreeing with my spirit which is alive to God that these things are truly true [Romans 8:16-17 and 1 Corinthians 2;14].

So then to start; Romans 1:32 [excerpt from];   ''that they which commit such things are worthy of death,"  Is death here a physical death or spiritual?  If physical how can you which are alive read this?  This is seen then as physical death which is in the future. It reads "worthy of death" and "worthy of" is an implication of a future event as being physical.  Also, that judgment has been already made we being in Adam [1 Corinthians 15:22 & Romans 3:23} but the full penalty has yet to carried out and won't be until physical death occurs.  If one hasn't believed God's provision [believing of the gospel as given by Paul 1 Corinthians 15:1-4] experiences the "second death." at the great white throne judgment Revelation 20:14.     

Next:  Romans 5:10 [excerpt from]; "were reconciled to God by the death of his Son,"  How are we and where were we reconciled?  On his cross [Colossians 1:20], at the crucifixion, the debt was paid in blood [Leviticus 17:11] and justification at his resurrection [Romans 4:25].  

Sidebar:  "Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and the for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself."  Hebrews 7:27.      Leviticus 9:7, 16th chapter.  "offered up" is an Aorist Participle "expresses simple action, as opposed to the continuous action of the "present participle".   See 1 Peter 1:18-19.   

Another thought is that the wages of sin [Romans 6:23] being death, then when Christ died "For he hath made him [to be] sin for us who knew no sin" 2 Corinthians 5:21a; did He die as a sinner in sin for me and was that death He experienced a death of physical separation from the body or spiritual separation from God?  I believe it was both because both are given to us in scripture, both in the Old and New Testament.  I say spiritual because of Matthew 26:36-42, Mark 14:34-36, Luke 22:42.  Jesus knew he would die both physically and Spiritually.  Physically because of Luke 18:33 "put him to death".  Spiritually as in Matthew 27:45-46; Mark 15:33-34, Luke 44-46 and John 19:28-30.  God doesn't, can't look on sin; from the sixth to the nine-hour God turned from His Son while He God laid the sin of the world on Christ [John 1:29].   So now a time to think;  How did Jesus know when God was satisfied by the sacrifice he was making for that sin of the world?  I believe I know but I will leave that for you to find through His Word and prayerful study.       

Sidebar:  Above in verse 2 Corinthians 5:21a;  "to be" is in italics [to be] which tells me that they weren't in the manuscripts the King James translators used but were added by them to ease the reading of the passage.  If you would like I can email you a transcript of the book "What Saith the Scripture;  ISBN 978-1-64569-856-2" which has an explanation of  "Italics" in chapter One of said book.  

In Romans 5:10 "death" and "life are both used; is that speaking of physical or spiritual death and life, careful, think it through.  Death in Strong's concordance is #2288 and life is #2222.  The same question of verse 21.   In Romans 7:8-9,  Paul asks the same question but from a different perspective.  He by asking the question forces one to reflect on what was said previously to this point.  Again is it speaking of physical or spiritual things in Romans 8:6?  I hope this will help one to understand that it's not sufficient to just read but to decern what one is reading, to read in order of Bible book deliverance, to read prayerfully asking God, the LORD Jesus Christ, His Holy Spirit to teach and to show what is needed when we are searching for truth, His truth.  

If not in Christ or don't know having doubts I ask you to believe in Christ, in God's Word and the function of the Holy Spirit to place you into Christ, the body, so all doubt is removed, the gospel of Paul [Romans 2:16] that saves:  "Moreover brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he arose again the third day according to the scripture."  1 Corinthians 15:1-4  {Authorized King James Bible}.     



     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Todays gospel that saves

Psalms 119:105 (KJV):   “Thy word  is  a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” What I would direct your attention too is “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,”   Most people I speak within the recent past concerning the King James Version (KJV). are anti-KJV.   Reasons given for disliking the KJV are varied but most comments pertain to being hard to understand due to antiquated language.   Also, questionable resources used to translate and wording which lacks flow as is common in today's language.   In that same way, I find few who still use the KJV are of such a mind to those opponents of the KJV.   I personally haven’t any issue with those who refuse to consider the KJV, but do ask them to give credible reasons for denying the legitimacy of KJV; when pressured haven’t heard a reasonable excuse as not to even try the KJV but will go on the defensive and most often become agitated at the questions. When one ...

Sin; what sin?

Romans 6:14a [Authorized King James Version]:   "For sin shall not have dominion over you:"   So then if sin "shall not" it has to be a conscious decision to do or not to do.   The more knowledge one has of God's Word the less apt one is to sin, exercise unbelief: " And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:   Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;   Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." John 16:8-11.   Verse 9 states that the sin, the worlds sin [from verse 8] is unbelief in Him and of His death, burial and resurrection (DBR) for the payment of ones sin.   That is the gospel that is presented for salvation now!   " If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:" Ephesians 3:2.   "But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye...

Keeping it secret, why?

1 Corinthians 4:15 [AKJV]:   " For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet  have ye  not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel." What in the world does that mean, many instructors and few fathers?   What was the Holy Spirit through Paul telling us?   Later in this same letter, Paul would write:   "If any man think himself to be a prophet, or  spiritual , let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."   1 Corinthians 14:37.   That the things that Paul would write were commandments of the Lord, that they were of and from the now risen Christ.   Elsewhere concerning the giving of the gospel wrote:   "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.   For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught  it , but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."   Galatians 1:11-1...