Skip to main content

Is this the gospel

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 [Authorized King James Bible]:  "Moreover brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also you have received, and wherein ye stand;  By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you unless ye have believed in vain.  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He arose again the third day according to the scriptures."

Romans 2:16  "In that day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel"

Galatians 1:11-2  "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.  For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."

What's wrong with the simple truth given to us by God in His Word of what He expects of humanity to prevent humanity, and you from being separated from Him for all eternity?  Most will say nothing.  Those who would say nothing are still open if the presentation is what God would have them to hear.  Too many times satan will use a believer's ignorance of God's Word but:  "In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ who is the image of God should shine unto them." 2 Corinthians 4:4.  

Those who would not receive the truth of this gospel [1 Corinthians 15:1-4] that saves have the possibility of a reprobate mind.  One can read of this in the first three chapters of Romans.

A believer's foremost purpose from God's perspective is to have all men saved.  Our prayers, our witnessing, our work as ambassadors, our services, bible studies; all of our activities should be directed at helping the lost to see Christ Jesus as the only way to victory in this life and in the life to come.  

So how am I doing, how are you doing?     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping it secret, why?

1 Corinthians 4:15 [AKJV]:   " For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet  have ye  not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel." What in the world does that mean, many instructors and few fathers?   What was the Holy Spirit through Paul telling us?   Later in this same letter, Paul would write:   "If any man think himself to be a prophet, or  spiritual , let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."   1 Corinthians 14:37.   That the things that Paul would write were commandments of the Lord, that they were of and from the now risen Christ.   Elsewhere concerning the giving of the gospel wrote:   "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.   For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught  it , but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."   Galatians 1:11-1...

Sin; what sin?

Romans 6:14a [Authorized King James Version]:   "For sin shall not have dominion over you:"   So then if sin "shall not" it has to be a conscious decision to do or not to do.   The more knowledge one has of God's Word the less apt one is to sin, exercise unbelief: " And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:   Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;   Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." John 16:8-11.   Verse 9 states that the sin, the worlds sin [from verse 8] is unbelief in Him and of His death, burial and resurrection (DBR) for the payment of ones sin.   That is the gospel that is presented for salvation now!   " If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:" Ephesians 3:2.   "But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye...

Todays gospel that saves

Psalms 119:105 (KJV):   “Thy word  is  a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” What I would direct your attention too is “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,”   Most people I speak within the recent past concerning the King James Version (KJV). are anti-KJV.   Reasons given for disliking the KJV are varied but most comments pertain to being hard to understand due to antiquated language.   Also, questionable resources used to translate and wording which lacks flow as is common in today's language.   In that same way, I find few who still use the KJV are of such a mind to those opponents of the KJV.   I personally haven’t any issue with those who refuse to consider the KJV, but do ask them to give credible reasons for denying the legitimacy of KJV; when pressured haven’t heard a reasonable excuse as not to even try the KJV but will go on the defensive and most often become agitated at the questions. When one ...