Skip to main content

Once to die



Hebrews 9:27-28 [Authorized King James Bible 1611]:  "And as it is appointed once to die, but after this the judgement:  So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."

With the passing of E Cummings, Rep from Maryland, these thoughts flood my mind.  Was he in Christ?  Being the first and foremost question.  I am reminded by "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,"  From that I know he knew.  But did he believe?  "But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe." Galatians 3:22.  What is the gospel that must be believed unto salvation then?  
"Moreover brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;  By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he arose again the third day according to the scripture."  1 Corinthians 15:1-4.  

It in the light of all eternity it maketh little difference where Mr Cummings is at;  what a callused state of mind to have.  Did not Jesus while on earth say, "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?  or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" Matthew 16:26.  "Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angles of God over one sinner that repenteth."  Not only is God concerned with all of mankind {John 3:16] He also is concerned with you to the fullest.  That in part is why He has given us His word through faithful men who which it was given [inspired men] to them to us [Eph 3:1-3]. 

All have come short of the Glory of God;  we are all born dead spiritually, we all need life, His life.  "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."  John 10:10b.  Jesus didn't come to offer forgiveness but to save sinners [1 Tim 1:15].  That is done by paying our debt taking away sin [Jo 1:29] once [Heb 7:27, 9:12, 9:26, 9:28, 10:2, 10:10].  

So man died once spiritually [Gen 2:17], and is offered life in Christ Jesus, there is no other way [Acts 4:12].  One will stand before God at the Great White Throne judgement in his righteousness [Rev 20:11-15] or before Jesus Christ [God] at the judgement seat of Christ, ]in His, Christ's righteousness 2 Cor 5:21] for reward for what was done after one believes the truth of the gospel [2 Cor 5:10 and 1 Cor 15:1-4 respectfully].

Where will Mr Cummings stand? but more importantly were you be found standing? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Todays gospel that saves

Psalms 119:105 (KJV):   “Thy word  is  a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” What I would direct your attention too is “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,”   Most people I speak within the recent past concerning the King James Version (KJV). are anti-KJV.   Reasons given for disliking the KJV are varied but most comments pertain to being hard to understand due to antiquated language.   Also, questionable resources used to translate and wording which lacks flow as is common in today's language.   In that same way, I find few who still use the KJV are of such a mind to those opponents of the KJV.   I personally haven’t any issue with those who refuse to consider the KJV, but do ask them to give credible reasons for denying the legitimacy of KJV; when pressured haven’t heard a reasonable excuse as not to even try the KJV but will go on the defensive and most often become agitated at the questions. When one ...

Which Body?

  2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things  done  in  his  body, according to that he hath done, whether  it be  good or bad. Ephesians 4:4 There is  one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; The word “body” has many definitions.   In 2 Corinthians 5:10, Strong’s #4983 defines body as “used in a very wide application”. First look at 2 Corinthians 5:10, and remove the italics.   Italics are not scripture but an addition made by the King James translators to make the flow of or the reading of easier.   So, without the italics;   “ For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things in body, according to that he hath done, whether good or bad.   My question was how do I define this word “body”.   Is it the physical body or as per Ephesians 4:4a; “...

Keeping it secret, why?

1 Corinthians 4:15 [AKJV]:   " For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet  have ye  not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel." What in the world does that mean, many instructors and few fathers?   What was the Holy Spirit through Paul telling us?   Later in this same letter, Paul would write:   "If any man think himself to be a prophet, or  spiritual , let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."   1 Corinthians 14:37.   That the things that Paul would write were commandments of the Lord, that they were of and from the now risen Christ.   Elsewhere concerning the giving of the gospel wrote:   "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.   For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught  it , but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."   Galatians 1:11-1...