Skip to main content

Importance of Resurrection



1 Corinthians 15:17 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV):  “And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.”
I am amazed at how ignorant most are of their salvation.  I will ask “Why, do you think you’ll go to heaven?” or  What happens when you die?”  ninety nine out of a hundred will answer with “Jesus died for my sins.”  True; “Jesus died for the sins of the world, “Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.”  John1:29b.  That is most true but also is “and if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.”  Jesus had to die for the purpose of removing sin, “to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.”  2 Corinthians 5:19.  But this reconciliation can only come when one believes the gospel as presented by Paul when writing:  “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;  by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;  and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.
“For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.”  Romans 5:10.  

Most who proclaim their position in Christ, if they are, are ignorant of what God has given by His Word.  The most important item we have whether saved or lost in this world is God’s living Word; “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” John 1:14.  But sad to say, it the Bible [the King James] is the most neglected, miss used, wrongly divided, miss understood book is this world.  God made it possible for the possible new believer to have everything needed for life in Christ Jesus, but will disregard the only item that has God’s direction to attaining what is sought.  

God has by Christ Jesus done all that He requires for salvation, believe God, by faith receive life and learn who you are {1 Corinthians 15:17} in Him. 

“He is Risen”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping it secret, why?

1 Corinthians 4:15 [AKJV]:   " For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet  have ye  not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel." What in the world does that mean, many instructors and few fathers?   What was the Holy Spirit through Paul telling us?   Later in this same letter, Paul would write:   "If any man think himself to be a prophet, or  spiritual , let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."   1 Corinthians 14:37.   That the things that Paul would write were commandments of the Lord, that they were of and from the now risen Christ.   Elsewhere concerning the giving of the gospel wrote:   "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.   For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught  it , but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."   Galatians 1:11-1...

Sin; what sin?

Romans 6:14a [Authorized King James Version]:   "For sin shall not have dominion over you:"   So then if sin "shall not" it has to be a conscious decision to do or not to do.   The more knowledge one has of God's Word the less apt one is to sin, exercise unbelief: " And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:   Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;   Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." John 16:8-11.   Verse 9 states that the sin, the worlds sin [from verse 8] is unbelief in Him and of His death, burial and resurrection (DBR) for the payment of ones sin.   That is the gospel that is presented for salvation now!   " If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:" Ephesians 3:2.   "But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye...

Todays gospel that saves

Psalms 119:105 (KJV):   “Thy word  is  a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” What I would direct your attention too is “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,”   Most people I speak within the recent past concerning the King James Version (KJV). are anti-KJV.   Reasons given for disliking the KJV are varied but most comments pertain to being hard to understand due to antiquated language.   Also, questionable resources used to translate and wording which lacks flow as is common in today's language.   In that same way, I find few who still use the KJV are of such a mind to those opponents of the KJV.   I personally haven’t any issue with those who refuse to consider the KJV, but do ask them to give credible reasons for denying the legitimacy of KJV; when pressured haven’t heard a reasonable excuse as not to even try the KJV but will go on the defensive and most often become agitated at the questions. When one ...