Skip to main content

Paul's salvation, How?




Acts 4:12 (KJV):  “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”
Continued in attachments; also at whatsaiththescruiptures.blogspot.com



Was Saul (later Paul; Acts 13:9) saved as a Israelite when under the law as given by Moses?  “Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:  circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;  concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.  But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.”  Philippians 3:4-7.  Saul in the flesh was at the apex of the Jewish religion, but when on the road to Damascus he confessed by asking “Who art thou, Lord?”  and repented  saying “Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?” Acts 9:5-6 respectfully.  Paul now knew to whom he was addressing; “Lord” and now was committed to do what was asked of him, Paul.  At that moment Paul believed, he believed that Christ was, and what was known of Christ “And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, “that he is the Son of God.”  but not that he had come to die, be buried and arise again, that gospel he would later preach and the doctrines to teach, that all came later as we read:   “But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.”  Galatians 1:11-12.  That which was believed was what was received when in Arabia:  “But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace,  to reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:  neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.”  Galatians 1:15-17.  

What happened when Paul believed God?  But what first did Paul believe?  That Jesus was the Messiah, the Christ.  Acts 9:20.  Just like Peter in Matthew 16:16,  Martha in John 11:27, Ethiopian Eunuch in Acts 8:37:  Acts 8:37 is missing in the New International Version.  No mention of “how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”  1 Corinthians 15:3-4.  

What happened when Paul believed the gospel of grace revealed to him? “For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles,”  This baptism into the body of Christ (not of water as in Peter’s account of Acts 2:38  but a spiritual baptism by the Holy Spirit) enabled Paul to write by inspiration of that same Holy Spirt, to write:“This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.  Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.” 1 Timothy 1:15-16.

So in conclusion I submit Saul was saved under the law and Paul saved by grace through faith.  How are you saved?  by believing John 3:16 or by 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 and then:  1 Corinthians 12:12-13 being put to your account.

Thank You LORD Jesus for loving me, dying for me and then providing Your life to me.  Help me to learn all of who You are and what You have done for me.  Help me to see my wretchedness and then to see Your Holiness, Your grace, Your love; for if You don’t reveal Yourself I will never be able to know You as I can.  In Jesus’s name, Your name Amen . . . . . . .  .  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping it secret, why?

1 Corinthians 4:15 [AKJV]:   " For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet  have ye  not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel." What in the world does that mean, many instructors and few fathers?   What was the Holy Spirit through Paul telling us?   Later in this same letter, Paul would write:   "If any man think himself to be a prophet, or  spiritual , let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."   1 Corinthians 14:37.   That the things that Paul would write were commandments of the Lord, that they were of and from the now risen Christ.   Elsewhere concerning the giving of the gospel wrote:   "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.   For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught  it , but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."   Galatians 1:11-1...

Todays gospel that saves

Psalms 119:105 (KJV):   “Thy word  is  a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” What I would direct your attention too is “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,”   Most people I speak within the recent past concerning the King James Version (KJV). are anti-KJV.   Reasons given for disliking the KJV are varied but most comments pertain to being hard to understand due to antiquated language.   Also, questionable resources used to translate and wording which lacks flow as is common in today's language.   In that same way, I find few who still use the KJV are of such a mind to those opponents of the KJV.   I personally haven’t any issue with those who refuse to consider the KJV, but do ask them to give credible reasons for denying the legitimacy of KJV; when pressured haven’t heard a reasonable excuse as not to even try the KJV but will go on the defensive and most often become agitated at the questions. When one ...

Sin; what sin?

Romans 6:14a [Authorized King James Version]:   "For sin shall not have dominion over you:"   So then if sin "shall not" it has to be a conscious decision to do or not to do.   The more knowledge one has of God's Word the less apt one is to sin, exercise unbelief: " And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:   Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;   Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." John 16:8-11.   Verse 9 states that the sin, the worlds sin [from verse 8] is unbelief in Him and of His death, burial and resurrection (DBR) for the payment of ones sin.   That is the gospel that is presented for salvation now!   " If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:" Ephesians 3:2.   "But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye...