Skip to main content

Who's prayer is heard?



John 9:31 (KJV):  “Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.”

Has the Church been drawn away from the preaching of the gospel?  Which is:   “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

Being in the body of Christ I don’t know who is in the body or who isn’t.  But I do have God’s Word and can read.  By reading scripture can judge who is in Christ, the body and who isn’t. I listen to their confessions of faith and from that they give witness of truth against their own selves as to whether saved or lost.   

I too at one time time was caught in the tangle of religious heresies, but by the grace of God have been freed of the error that is mostly taught and preached from todays pulpits. “Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;  but have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.  But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:  in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”  2 Corinthians 4:1-4.

I am to:  “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”  2 Timothy 2:15.  Studying to know why I am approved unto and of God, why I’m saved; in the body?  I believed, believed what? God’s gospel revealed by the risen Christ to Paul to us who would believe.  “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”  Hebrews 11:6.  “And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.”  Hebrews 9:22.  Agreeing with God that:  “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”  Romans 3:23.  Finally believing that:  “And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;  to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.  Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.  For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”  2 Corinthians 5:19-21.

”So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”  Romans 10:17;   “For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.”  Romans 12:3.  “Not boasting of things without our measure, that is, of other men’s labours; but having hope, when your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you according to our rule abundantly,”  2 Corinthians 10:15.  ”Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:”
Ephesians 4:13.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Todays gospel that saves

Psalms 119:105 (KJV):   “Thy word  is  a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” What I would direct your attention too is “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,”   Most people I speak within the recent past concerning the King James Version (KJV). are anti-KJV.   Reasons given for disliking the KJV are varied but most comments pertain to being hard to understand due to antiquated language.   Also, questionable resources used to translate and wording which lacks flow as is common in today's language.   In that same way, I find few who still use the KJV are of such a mind to those opponents of the KJV.   I personally haven’t any issue with those who refuse to consider the KJV, but do ask them to give credible reasons for denying the legitimacy of KJV; when pressured haven’t heard a reasonable excuse as not to even try the KJV but will go on the defensive and most often become agitated at the questions. When one ...

Which Body?

  2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things  done  in  his  body, according to that he hath done, whether  it be  good or bad. Ephesians 4:4 There is  one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; The word “body” has many definitions.   In 2 Corinthians 5:10, Strong’s #4983 defines body as “used in a very wide application”. First look at 2 Corinthians 5:10, and remove the italics.   Italics are not scripture but an addition made by the King James translators to make the flow of or the reading of easier.   So, without the italics;   “ For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things in body, according to that he hath done, whether good or bad.   My question was how do I define this word “body”.   Is it the physical body or as per Ephesians 4:4a; “...

Keeping it secret, why?

1 Corinthians 4:15 [AKJV]:   " For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet  have ye  not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel." What in the world does that mean, many instructors and few fathers?   What was the Holy Spirit through Paul telling us?   Later in this same letter, Paul would write:   "If any man think himself to be a prophet, or  spiritual , let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."   1 Corinthians 14:37.   That the things that Paul would write were commandments of the Lord, that they were of and from the now risen Christ.   Elsewhere concerning the giving of the gospel wrote:   "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.   For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught  it , but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."   Galatians 1:11-1...