Skip to main content

God does correct His own...


February 9th, 2018

Philippians 3:12-21 (KJV):   “Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.  Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.  Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have
For myself that is one of the great promises in scripture.  I am to: “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”  2 Timothy 2:15.  Before we continue I will say why we are to study.  I’m not a Greek-Hebrew linguist but can read and understand what the scriptures says to me by the Holy Spirit.  It’s not that I study to impress God with my time and effort; but that I may learn why God has accepted me in Christ Jesus; to learn who God is in Christ Jesus.  Although it being an unending study the journey is wonderful; to learn how, why and whom I am in the LORD  Jesus Christ.  It’s God’s work in me: (“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” Philippians 2:13) that allows me to be conformed into Christ”s image but thats where the rub is, I get in the way, most often:  I need to learn how to by faith grow in His grace.  The more I learn of Him the more I am:  “For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.”  Romans 8:29.  That phrase “to be conformed” is an ongoing process of the Holy Spirit in us.

Sidebar:    While writing, just now it was revealed to me that the “to be” is italicized .  Without the italicization the content very well changes the whole context of who God is.  Watch, without italics:  “For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.”  maybe a comma between predestinate and conformed, but even at that the context to me is changed.  “Conformed to the image of his Son”  says that the conforming has (past tense) has already happened.  Where as with the italics: “to be conformed to the image of his Son,”  makes it a future, continuing event which other scriptures validate.  This is one place where I believe that the italic placement is correct.
Remember “For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept;
line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:”  Isaiah 28:10.  Another reason why I use the King James Bible, where as other versions omit italics.

Albert Einstein quote:  “Education is not the learning of facts, but to teach one to think.” 

Continuing with Philippians 3:15.  Although God does bring things to my mind in  attempting to:  “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”  Romans 12:1-2.  In that attempt (God does not force one too) but tells us:  “Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.”  Galatians 5:1.  We have to choose God’s way, God’s will for us to is allow Him to renew our minds. We’ll resist, fight back, make excuses, refuse but the promise is sure: “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9.  Then with the faithfulness of Jesus Christ, i know He’ll continue to do that good work He has promised.  Notice it reads “come to repentance”, a changing of one’s mind.  God wants to conform us for our good and His glory.  

Philippians 3:15:  “Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.”  Same verse from the Expanded Bible (instead of italics, they use [ or ] ) reads:All of us who are ·spiritually mature [ perfect; complete (in Christ) ] should think this way, too. And if there are things you ·do not agree with [L think differently about], God will ·make them clear [or reveal this] to you.”  Philippians 3:15.  If in Christ, sealed, we have God’s promise that He, God will reveal truth to us through His Word by His Holy Spirit.  So why is there so much infighting, arguing, discourse and often dissection?  We all fail to believe God at times and have allowed satan to: “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: 
I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”  John 10:10.  Paul had these same trials and and gave us the inner workings and the outcome in Romans 7, well worth the read as is all of Romans. 

One must believe that “without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”  Hebrews 11:6.  That we all have sin “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”  Romans 3:23.  That sin has killed us: “For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.”  1 Corinthians 15:22.  But: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners;”  1 Timothy 1:15 and give life: “And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.”  John 5:40.  Our forgiveness is only IN Christ:  “In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;”  Ephesians 1:7 and “In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:”  Colossians 1:14.  But when one believes God: “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.  When believed, one is then “ For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.”  1 Corinthians 12:13.  Immediately:  “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”  2 Corinthians 5:17.  We are:  “In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,”  Ephesians 1:13.  Then we start to:Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;”  Titus 2:13.
                        JUST BELIEVE GOD, that is all He has ever wanted

Thank You LORD Jesus for loving me, giving me Your life.  I believe all of what You have said of Yourself and myself.  Thank You for revealing You to me by Your word.  Without You I have no hope, but with You I’m complete.  Thank You in Jesus’s name, Your name Amen . . . . . . . us for an ensample. (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.” 


Continued in attachment. Also available: whatsaiththescripture.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Todays gospel that saves

Psalms 119:105 (KJV):   “Thy word  is  a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” What I would direct your attention too is “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,”   Most people I speak within the recent past concerning the King James Version (KJV). are anti-KJV.   Reasons given for disliking the KJV are varied but most comments pertain to being hard to understand due to antiquated language.   Also, questionable resources used to translate and wording which lacks flow as is common in today's language.   In that same way, I find few who still use the KJV are of such a mind to those opponents of the KJV.   I personally haven’t any issue with those who refuse to consider the KJV, but do ask them to give credible reasons for denying the legitimacy of KJV; when pressured haven’t heard a reasonable excuse as not to even try the KJV but will go on the defensive and most often become agitated at the questions. When one ...

Sin; what sin?

Romans 6:14a [Authorized King James Version]:   "For sin shall not have dominion over you:"   So then if sin "shall not" it has to be a conscious decision to do or not to do.   The more knowledge one has of God's Word the less apt one is to sin, exercise unbelief: " And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:   Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;   Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." John 16:8-11.   Verse 9 states that the sin, the worlds sin [from verse 8] is unbelief in Him and of His death, burial and resurrection (DBR) for the payment of ones sin.   That is the gospel that is presented for salvation now!   " If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:" Ephesians 3:2.   "But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye...

Keeping it secret, why?

1 Corinthians 4:15 [AKJV]:   " For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet  have ye  not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel." What in the world does that mean, many instructors and few fathers?   What was the Holy Spirit through Paul telling us?   Later in this same letter, Paul would write:   "If any man think himself to be a prophet, or  spiritual , let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."   1 Corinthians 14:37.   That the things that Paul would write were commandments of the Lord, that they were of and from the now risen Christ.   Elsewhere concerning the giving of the gospel wrote:   "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.   For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught  it , but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."   Galatians 1:11-1...