Skip to main content

How I died



"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.  Read the context though:  Romans 3:21-31; to get the full impact of God's Word to us as given by Paul.

I sinned by association "For as in Adam all die", I sinned being in Adam.  I'm not a sinner because I sin [my actions] I sin because I am [was] a sinner, being in Adam.  

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."  John 10:10.  

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners;"  1 Timothy 1:15.  

The LORD Jesus Christ came to save sinners by giving them life, His life {salvation, being saved from something to something i.e.. death to life}.  He did this by dying, being buried and rising again the third day, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.   "And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission."  Hebrews 9:27.

So then why blood?  "For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul." Leviticus 17:11.

Then if blood, would any blood do?  No, remember "In Adam all die".  Mans blood was defiled by sin, and if man was to be redeemed blood had to be shed.  God required an pure outside source of blood not defiled by sin.  God then took on flesh to provide the sacrifice for mans sin:  "And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God." 12 Corinthians 5:18-20. 

"But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law," Galatians 4:4.  We then are saved, given life by God through Christ "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus." Romans 3:25-26.  What is to believed in Jesus?  "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;  By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;  And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures"  1 Corinthians 15:1-4

If all one believes is that Christ died for one's sins, isn't that enough?  "And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins."  1 Corinthians 15:17.  You judge, is believing that Christ died for your sin sufficient for salvation or does His death also require His resurrection to be complete.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Todays gospel that saves

Psalms 119:105 (KJV):   “Thy word  is  a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” What I would direct your attention too is “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,”   Most people I speak within the recent past concerning the King James Version (KJV). are anti-KJV.   Reasons given for disliking the KJV are varied but most comments pertain to being hard to understand due to antiquated language.   Also, questionable resources used to translate and wording which lacks flow as is common in today's language.   In that same way, I find few who still use the KJV are of such a mind to those opponents of the KJV.   I personally haven’t any issue with those who refuse to consider the KJV, but do ask them to give credible reasons for denying the legitimacy of KJV; when pressured haven’t heard a reasonable excuse as not to even try the KJV but will go on the defensive and most often become agitated at the questions. When one ...

Which Body?

  2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things  done  in  his  body, according to that he hath done, whether  it be  good or bad. Ephesians 4:4 There is  one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; The word “body” has many definitions.   In 2 Corinthians 5:10, Strong’s #4983 defines body as “used in a very wide application”. First look at 2 Corinthians 5:10, and remove the italics.   Italics are not scripture but an addition made by the King James translators to make the flow of or the reading of easier.   So, without the italics;   “ For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things in body, according to that he hath done, whether good or bad.   My question was how do I define this word “body”.   Is it the physical body or as per Ephesians 4:4a; “...

Keeping it secret, why?

1 Corinthians 4:15 [AKJV]:   " For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet  have ye  not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel." What in the world does that mean, many instructors and few fathers?   What was the Holy Spirit through Paul telling us?   Later in this same letter, Paul would write:   "If any man think himself to be a prophet, or  spiritual , let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."   1 Corinthians 14:37.   That the things that Paul would write were commandments of the Lord, that they were of and from the now risen Christ.   Elsewhere concerning the giving of the gospel wrote:   "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.   For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught  it , but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."   Galatians 1:11-1...